Story of Todd


Story of Todd
(for Todd)


Todd May 14, 2009-February 2, 2024
Sleeping quietly
All the others scampering
Can’t take my eyes off
Your little white and gray body
Snuggled up against the edge
I wait for you to wake up
Keep glancing back
Finally, I can’t wait any longer
I pick you up
Your brilliant blue eyes
Capture my heart
In less than a beat
You yawn
Not scared
Not too excited
Not agitated
Settle in
Home
Bringing you home
You bounce through the house
With such enthusiasm
Snuggles and pets
Kneads and kisses
Purring so much and so loud
Always so happy
Yet so very sensitive
To noise
To upheaval
To chaos
You loved hard
You played hard
You lived hard
Always looking for a new challenge
Entertaining yourself and us
You were life personified
Tenacious to the very end
Loving to the very end
Filling our hearts day after day
Beyond the very end


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Benefits to Buying Books

Dona Nobis Pacem