PAD Challenge - Day 26 - Water Safe

Stratton Pond EKU
Richmond, Kentucky
We've reached Day 26 of the WD 2014 April PAD Challenge! Today's prompt was to write a water poem... Confession time: water appears in my poetry often in it's various forms - water, ice, the sea, ponds, lakes, rivers, streams, waterfalls, storms, rain, snow...I love the symbolism water offers and the inspiration of water itself.


So, here's my latest water poem...



Water Safe

Silent water
Still water
Secret water
Safe water
You drank my secrets
Like you were dying of thirst
Absorbing them through your surface
With a gluttony unmatched
While I fed you ever more
Until you contained more of me than I
I stared into your silence
I searched your stillness
I sought your secrecy
I needed your safety
Perhaps the secrets you drank evaporated
To be rained down on some foreign land
To feed souls in need of the nourishment
Cultivated in the secrets you so quietly gulped
For a secret can’t be locked away forever in
Silent, still, secret, safe water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits to Buying Books

Nothing Gold Can Stay

I Have Nothing to Wear... Or Do I?